Ever get stuck in a horrible conversation with a weird uncle or overbearing in-law? The holidays are notorious for such moments, but don’t worry -- the Soma team is here to save the day.
We’re equipping you with fun, wacky, and weird water anecdotes to share at the table whenever there’s an awkward moment you need to avoid.
- Brr is it chilly in here? Did you know that 68.7% of the freshwater on Earth is trapped in glaciers.
- Did you know that water is sticky? The molecules love to stick to things, especially each other. It's what gives it such a large surface tension.
- Pass the ice cream. Did you know that most of the earth's surface water is permanently frozen or salty.
- Did you know that human bones are 31% water?
- Did you know that at birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant’s body weight? Ya learn something new everyday!
- Did you know that the expiration date on water bottles is for the bottle, not the water?
- Did you know that a person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water?
- How about that by the time you feel thirsty, your body has lost more than 1 percent of its total water – so let’s not feel thirst.
- Smile. Good hydration can help reduce cavities and tooth decay. Water helps produce saliva, which keeps your mouth and teeth clean.
- Oh this is a good one. The first water pipes in the U.S. were made from hollowed logs!
- Any fashion lovers here? It takes 2,641 gallons of water to make a pair of jeans.